Welcome to our introductory Multi-Event Tracking article! In this FAQ, we will explore the purpose of A/B testing different conversion events and provide you with best practices to make the most of it on NewsBreak.
What is Multi-Event Tracking?
Multi-Event Tracking allows advertisers to A/B test on different conversion events, such as add to cart and purchase. This is a powerful tool to understand and improve the customer journey as our system gathers more data and optimizes towards users most likely to convert.
Who is a good fit?
Multi-Event Tracking is a good fit for full-funnel advertisers, but especially recommended for those with a high CPA (>$60) or advertisers who are struggling to spend with a relatively deep conversion event.
How to set up tracking (Pixel + Postback)
- Log in to your Ad Manager account and select Tools >> Event Management.
- In Event Management, click "Create/Test web event."
💡For customized events, please make sure to use meaningful names to track the intended event. You will define what this conversion is on your end.
Best Practices: A/B Testing
When A/B testing different conversion events, please set up separate ad sets in the same ad account.
- For example, create one ad set for "Purchase" and another for "add to cart" under one ad account.
Keep everything the same between these ad sets, except for:
- Target CPA Ad Sets: Conversion event and bid rate.
- Max Conversion Ad Sets: Conversion event and daily budget.
- Compare upper funnel vs. lower funnel events in parallel to assess their impact on performance and ROI, then choose the conversion event that best aligns with your advertising goals.
- Send even more events to NewsBreak other than the conversion event. This helps our model gather even more learnings and optimize the ad set more effectively.